Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get access to the data in CeD3?
- The Request Access page provides information and instructions on obtaining access to data contained within CeD3. Note, access will need to be provisioned through your standard diocesan support process. CEnet will not be able to provide access to CeD3 without diocesan consent.
What training is available?
- Visit the Tutorials page to obtain further information regarding training. In time, the material available will include but not be limited to on-demand video tutorials, workshops and technical user groups.
Can I explore data within CeD3 myself using my own applications (e.g. Microsoft Excel)?
- Data within CeD3 is designed to be consumed from within the web-based Yellowfin Reporting & Analytics platform. The Yellowfin platform supports the ability for end-users to explore data through custom report creation - all contained within an easy to use web-based interface. Additionally, the CeD3 Reporting and Analytics platform provides the ability for users to export data sets for analysis in a persons own tool set - please note however that use and distribution of this data is subject to Diocesan and CEnet policies and procedures.
What is Yellowfin?
- Yellowfin is a web based and multi-tenanted, reporting and analytics platform that sits upon CEnet's CeD3 data warehouse. This application serves as the front-end for exploring the data available to CEnet members.
Can diocesan staff access reports/visualisations within CeD3?
- Yes. Access is subject to diocesan roll-out plans (commencing in 2015). If your diocese has provisioned access to you, your standard CEnet login is used to access CeD3 services via the access link provided on the home page of this website.
Can diocesan students access reports/visualisations within CeD3?
- At this time CeD3 is intended to be provided to staff and teachers only in accordance with your local diocesan roll-out plan.
What tools are available?
- The Reporting & Analytics portal (aka BI portal) is the main method of access for all standardised CeD3 reports. Additionally, dioceses may choose to publish reports specific to that diocese.
When and how frequently is CeD3 data loaded?
- The Data page on this website contains information on the CeD3 data flow's and load activities.
How do I request a new Key Reporting Area (KRA)?
- CEnet, in conjunction with its members has developed a federated governance model surrounding CeD3 that seeks to determine a roadmap for extending the existing key reporting areas available to the membership. The best approach to requesting a new KRA is to contact your diocesan representative on the Data Trustees Committee. For more information pertaining to this, please visit the Data Governance page.
Can I use Yellowfin over my own data?
- Yes, the CeD3 service provides a data warehouse, reporting and analytics context for each diocese. Dioceses can choose to upload data to the CeD3 data warehouse under a model that is optimised for reporting and analytics.
Can I use Yellowfin over my own data sources(s)?
- No, the Yellowfin environment is sized to run optimally over the CeD3 data warehouse.
Who are the Data Trustees? What is their role?
- Information about the data trustees can be found here
Where can I find out more?
- If you require further information regarding CeD3, the first point of call will be via your diocesan service desk. Alternatively, CEnet can be contacted directly via email@example.com (Nb. support will not be able to be provided through this email address and should be sort via the diocesan service desks).